Physician Network Overview
The physician network tab allows you to begin to understand physician referral patterns and shared patients. Since all providers in Territory Manager have at least one physician profile, we can use these profiles to segment the set of referring providers. Because physician referrals are directional, we can set both the upstream, originating, physician profile and the downstream, receiving, physician profile.
Under the hood, we have a custom data structure store and API we built to house the connections between all of the physicians in Carevoyance. By setting the upstream and downstream physician profiles we are able to filter this data store quickly to find upstream physicians who match the currently selected geography and upstream profile, and who share patients with any other physician who matches the downstream profile.
Patient profiles are also built into our referral data. When the results are passed back from the referral store, each relationship may also contain the count of relevant patients in each profile that the upstream physician has shared with the downstream physician.
Click on a provider's card then click on the tab that says Physician Network.
In the physician network tab, you can see the focal physician’s relationships with other providers. It gives you shared patients, top opportunities, referral reports, referrer counts, and renderer counts.
In the Physician Network view, we can change the filter in the Filters Tab to see which physicians are referring patients to Dr. Lowry. Different physician types are represented by different icons (the doctor, the scalpel, etc). We can also see the physicians that are referring patients to other physicians (that compete with Dr. Lowry).
Click on or hover over a physician to see additional details. Clicking on the physician isolates the map view to just that one individual.
- Line speeds: the faster the speed, the more patients are shared to the physician.
- Green lines indicate patients shared from the selected provider.
- Red lines are patients shared to the selected provider from the provider on the other end of the line.
- Thicker lines and lighter colors indicate that a relationship is a higher percentage of the number of shared patients from a provider. Likewise, lighter colors on referrer icons indicate that physicians share a higher percentage of their patients with the focal provider.
- Loyalists: Those who share a majority of their patients with the physician.
- Slitters: Those who share some.
- Opportunities: Those who don't share any.
- You can hide physicians that are located within the same hospital/care network.
The Top 20 Opportunities tab allows you to see which physicians aren't sharing patients with the focal physicians. Dr. Desai doesn't share any (None) patients with Dr. Lowry but he does share between 3,825 of his patients with other physicians.