Have you seen the new Patient Pathways report portlet which was recently added to Carevoyance? This new functionality allows you to see the path patients took before receiving a specific procedure of interest. For example, you can now see the physicians who first diagnosed knee pain before the patients came to the focal facility for a knee arthroplasty.
You can specify the criteria for the providers who saw patients, who later went on to receive a defined procedure of interest at the focal facility.
To utilize this new feature, please see the steps listed below:
- Create a new report or run an existing report that includes the Patient Pathways portlet.*
- For more information on how to create a report, please see the link below:
- Select the focal facility by conducting a search and clicking on the “Run Report” button. Then select the report you wish to run.
- When the report settings window appears, select the Codeset and Referrer Codeset. Please note that both Codeset fields have to be selected in order to view the data in the Patient Pathways section of the report.
The time window between seeing the source provider and receiving the procedure can also be adjusted to 30, 90, or 365 days in the report settings. The patient source provider can further be filtered based on a set of specialties, diagnosis or initial treatments they performed, though diagnosis and treatment require a care cluster.
- When all settings have been selected, click Run Report to view the report in your browser, or Email Report to have a PDF version of the report sent to your inbox.
- When you view the report, you will see the Patient Pathways section.
*If you would like to see if an existing report includes the Patient Pathways portlet, select the Team tab and choose Provider Reports from the dropdown. In the Portlets column, you will be able to see if the Patient Pathways portlet is included in each report.
Patient Pathways Demo Video: